Roo or hen French feather cuckoo marans?

Gah… I guess I’ll just have to figure it out with time. It’s difficult and hard to describe when you live with them day to day… but we were hoping this gal(guy) was a hen lol… sorry about calling out Roos… didn’t know that was a no no in this forum🤷‍♀️ I’m new here.

My 2.5 month cuckoo maran pullet. It’s weird because one of yours has the female dark coloring.
Right! That’s why I’m confused… but perhaps over analyzing 😬… I was told roosters were lighter than hens… yet also was told this guy and gal(?) we’re double barred… it’s all so confusing to a newbie like me… I apologize for my ignorance.

Right! That’s why I’m confused… but perhaps over analyzing 😬… I was told roosters were lighter than hens… yet also was told this guy and gal(?) we’re double barred… it’s all so confusing to a newbie like me… I apologize for my ignorance.
I’m on the ignorant train with you! 😂 my first year owning chickens. I’ve owned a barred rock who was super white he was rehomed but I raised him from a chick. Then I got a “Raven 2” my four year old named the cuckoo maran the same name as the BR we rehomed. But she is much darker and super skiddish compared to the cockrel I had. I know two different breeds but to my understanding both females will be darker and the males lighter.

Back
Top Bottom