Roo or pullet?--New pics in post #20!

He/she/it really is gorgeous! I'm so anxious to figure out what it is and I have another GLW who looks totally different. That one has wattles already but aren't pink, feathers are different... Chickens should hatch with a G or B tag on them. lol

I'm sorry the first picture isn't working, btw. I don't know what's up with Photobucket but apparently, it's not working. lol

I thought it looked more pullet like, but admit I am bad at that game. I have a wyandotte that I got on 3/11 that already has red showing on pretty developed comb/wattles.He(I think its a he) is about the size of yours.

Don't give up hope yet, SLW's and GLW's are sometimes hard to figure out, because they do mature a little faster than other breeds, we have 2 SLW's and both had pick combs at about 1-2 weeks but never got any more red since, and they are both Girls, so wait a little longer and you should be able to tell by 7 or 8 weeks.

I've lost track of how old they are, btw. Can anyone take a guess based on feathering? I'm thinking they're about 3 weeks.
big_smile.png

Awesome! Thanks!!!
big_smile.png

And just to be totally honest, I keep crowing at them just to see if they'll attempt to answer me back. HAHAHA My husband thinks I'm insane, I'm sure!

Since their feathers are bigger now, I can see that their hackles feathers are different. One's are REALLY pointy and the other's is rounded at the tips. Pointy usually means roo, right?

Feathers of chick 1. More rounded...

DSC_0135 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

Chick 1 again

DSC_0136 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

Chick 1's face

DSC_0138 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

1's breast feathers

DSC_0141 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

1's back

DSC_0146 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

These are all of chick #2, my roo suspect.
big_smile.png

Pointy feathers... Hmmm.. Suspicious.

DSC_0148 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

DSC_0150 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

Tiny little wattle flaps but they're getting a little pink.

DSC_0152 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

Size-view of a wing

DSC_0153 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

Hackles again...

DSC_0154 by LittleSparrowHomestead, on Flickr

OK, so I know I posted a ton of pictures. In the first place, I love them like crazy and just wanted to show them off and #2, I would love it if someone else's trained eye can spot something that I just can't. Thanks for your opinions, everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom