Roo with Attitude-breaking the behavior before it gets worse?

[COLOR=800080]So, Im not the only one who has a Polish Roo with an attitude.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]My boy is 1 1/2 yrs old and has 3 hens.  I made the mistake one day, to pick up the very first egg one of the girls laid, and I found myself face to face with his loooong spurs .[/COLOR]:oops:

[COLOR=800080]Since that day, I have tried Every suggestion Ive received,   [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]but to no avail, but since he is for the hens safety, and because I Love him , I just deal with it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Funny thing is, is that my son can go in there , walk around, pick him up etc.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]DH can too, and he doesnt care for the chickens, when I Was the one who raised him from day 1..Go figure .[/COLOR]:idunno

[COLOR=800080]He does his job well, so , he stays..[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]I wish you luck.  Maybe you will be able to nip his behavior in the bud.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Ill be watching this thread for more suggestions..[/COLOR]

Suggestion? Try another breed!! It's the breed I think, not you. This is the second Polish roo I've had problems with, also the only breed I've had manfighting rooster experience with.

If they weren't my bestsellers I would scratch them and go for another breed.

So, Im not the only one who has a Polish Roo with an attitude.

My boy is 1 1/2 yrs old and has 3 hens. I made the mistake one day, to pick up the very first egg one of the girls laid, and I found myself face to face with his loooong spurs .
hide.gif

Since that day, I have tried Every suggestion Ive received, but to no avail, but since he is for the hens safety, and because I Love him , I just deal with it.

Funny thing is, is that my son can go in there , walk around, pick him up etc.

DH can too, and he doesnt care for the chickens, when I Was the one who raised him from day 1..Go figure .
idunno.gif

He does his job well, so , he stays..

I wish you luck. Maybe you will be able to nip his behavior in the bud.

Ill be watching this thread for more suggestions..

It sounds to me that he see you as top "roo" and is challenging you for that spot, especially if you did most of the raising. Next time he attacks you grab him and force him to the ground on his back and hold him there until he submits. This is what a top rooster would do to him. It may take a few times of doing this but he will see that you are not giving up your top spot.

Back
Top Bottom