1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by meowsandy, Sep 23, 2013.

1. meowsandy

meowsandy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No crows, not sure about eggs, large, pointed feather, hatched febuary. Aloof, chest butts with hens, but no crows.

2. Bodee

Bodee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    Does it have spurs on its legs ?

3. TheJadeChicken

TheJadeChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Can't really tell. In the 3rd image is it the one way in the back?

4. meowsandy

meowsandy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2012
    yes he is the one in the back. He won't let me get close enough to get good pictures or see if he has spurs.I thought it was a roo since he was 3 months old, but he was so tiny until recently. Now hes a bit bigger than the others. Is it possible its a eunuch?

5. TheJadeChicken

TheJadeChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

I think HE is a HE. IMO. I would catch him. If he won't go in a pen, find where he sleeps and catch him from there. Spurs don't really determine gender. I have seen hens with spurs.

6. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

He looks like a rooster though a picture of his tail area, comb, and body without any objects blocking the view would also help.

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like a rooster to me. I think I see sickle feathers and pointy feathers, as well as some greenish feathers. Pretty boy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by