Rood Roo

Vlad is a naked-neck/turken rooster. He is mostly white with deep green, iridescent tail feathers-very handsome! He is much bigger than the naked-neck hens, who I have no problems picking up.

oh wow he sounds gorgeous! mine is just a white leghorn rooster with black spots (hence his name Spots haha)

<3 kelsey

Last edited:
Your rooster won't challenge your dad cause your dad is dominant and the rooster just knows that. Unfortunately, he know knows he's the boss of both you and your little sister and he can make you do what he wants. Roosters don't make good pets, they're male livestock and are very territorial and dominance driven. So, you can live being ruled by a bird or you can cull him. Give him away and don't ask what's going to happen to him, find a friend with a nice farm, have your dad dispose of him for you. He's already decided he's dominate to you and he's going to hurt you or your little sister. At the very least, confine him so your poor sister can be on her own property and not have to be afraid of being attacked. Living in fear sucks, and living in fear of an animal is just outlandish.

Thank you for all of the ideas!
I had another rooster that was the sweetest thing ever! but my neighbors got annoied with the crowing so i stupidly sold him. i wish i had HIM instead of Spots. Live and learn i guess.
I wont cull him but i may find a larger farm, that actually might be the issue. he stays in the coop until we are out only because (well hawks but) there are alot of animals that roam our neighborhood. we are trying to move and get more land so maybe we can wait and see if thats the problem.
thanks again!

<3 kelsey

Your rooster won't challenge your dad cause your dad is dominant and the rooster just knows that. Unfortunately, he know knows he's the boss of both you and your little sister and he can make you do what he wants. Roosters don't make good pets, they're male livestock and are very territorial and dominance driven. So, you can live being ruled by a bird or you can cull him. Give him away and don't ask what's going to happen to him, find a friend with a nice farm, have your dad dispose of him for you. He's already decided he's dominate to you and he's going to hurt you or your little sister. At the very least, confine him so your poor sister can be on her own property and not have to be afraid of being attacked. Living in fear sucks, and living in fear of an animal is just outlandish.
X2

Back
Top Bottom