1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

roos and there crowing times

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Kesta, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    i thought it would be a good idea if i made a post about different types of roos and about how long and how loudly they crow. i personally dont have any info but im hoping people will add the breeds and there crow time and volume. i know some breeds will crow for about twenty seconds but i dont know what breed though. so try and enter some info so future BYC,ers can use it so they know what to expect

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Roosters crow when they want too. There is no set 'time' they crow. Anything can set them off.

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    The longest crowing breed so far, is a Denzili.. which crows 25 seconds.. and i believe 2nd longest is the Tomaru

4. Michigan Chickman

Michigan Chickman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    I agree with MissPrissy. I have three RIR Roos and they crow off and on all day. It does seem to be more pronounced when they get excited though, feeding time, time to get out of the coop in the morning, when my neighbors peacocks start sounding off etc. I love the chorus [​IMG]

5. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    no i dont mean what time i mean how long they crow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by