Roos or hen?

babygirl774u

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2015
I have 3 babies that I hatched in my incubator. They are mixed breeds. I can't post more than one image on mobile so I'll post them in the comment section. I think I might have 1 hen.

I have 3 babies that I hatched in my incubator. They are mixed breeds. I can't post more than one image on mobile so I'll post them in the comment section. I think I might have 1 hen.
Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock. All except the Barred Rock in the back are hens. The Barred Rock behind the other Barred Rock is a rooster.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You can post photos here, or at "what breed or gender is this," for more opinions. It helps considerably if you can state how old they are in the pictures. You have a definite rooster that looks sorta "cuckoo Marans mixed with something else, his comb shows frostbite at the tips. You can try putting Vaseline on his comb before her goes outside for the day- it gives a little protection.

I wouldn't want to venture a guess on the others since I can't see them well and don't know their age

Back
Top Bottom