Roos or Pullets

Glad to meet you, and sorry about the EEs turning out 2 cockerels for you. We get so attached, and it seems often the roosters are extra charming and outgoing when young. I can't claim to be able to sex chickens, and am glad some knowledgeable folks have told you already.

If you need to rehome one or both of your boys, you can first try the woman who sold them, then try your local Craigslist. If you have a local Facebook poultry interest group, post there as well. You can also post here, on your state or local thread. I tell folks to include the best glamor shot they can get of the boys, and all the positive info they can: breed, where you got them, health info, are they gentle, etc., to try to get those boys a good home instead of the soup pot.

Best wishes with your flock and all your plans.

Glad to meet you, and sorry about the EEs turning out 2 cockerels for you. We get so attached, and it seems often the roosters are extra charming and outgoing when young. I can't claim to be able to sex chickens, and am glad some knowledgeable folks have told you already.

If you need to rehome one or both of your boys, you can first try the woman who sold them, then try your local Craigslist. If you have a local Facebook poultry interest group, post there as well. You can also post here, on your state or local thread. I tell folks to include the best glamor shot they can get of the boys, and all the positive info they can: breed, where you got them, health info, are they gentle, etc., to try to get those boys a good home instead of the soup pot.

Best wishes with your flock and all your plans.
Thank you so much for the advice! I did contact the woman I got them from. I have someone else who knows someone who may want them. Hopefully I can find them a good home.

Back
Top Bottom