Roost with Elevated Poop Board Designs

Juise

Songster
8 Years
Mar 4, 2011
Apologies if this is out there already, but all I get is an error when I try to search. I am going to be building a new roost in our coop, and would like to go with a poop board this time around, and one I don't have to bend over to clean. I plan on hanging their food and water underneath. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this, it will span 8 feet.

I would appreciate any pictures, great links, or advice, thank you! I would like to see different examples.

Juise, all you needed to do was ask your BYC grandpa. The roost in my rainbow flock coop is 8' long. I built two 4'x4' trays using 1x2" and RFP (reinforced fiberglass panel). These are suspended under the 2x4x8 roost board with light weight chain. As you see in the pictures there is no lip on the front edge which allows me to use a small hoe to scrap the droppings into a pail. RFP is available in a 4x8' sheet in the paneling section of Home Depot or Lowes for about $25.

200x200px-ZC-1535703c_10233_db_1.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-1adc4cc8_10233_db_2.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this question! We are planning to do the same thing. Our coop is 12 X 16 and the roosting space takes up 12 X 4. I want to be able to clean the poop boards off from the outside each day. Also we will have the feeders underneath. We are working on figuring something out. I'll post a picture when we are done in a few weeks.

Opa- thank you for the photos!

We decided to use sheet metal - at an angle so there's no need for netting.. this is in two parts and unhooks easily from the wall so
is easy to lift out and give a good scrub when needed.

We decided to use sheet metal - at an angle so there's no need for netting.. this is in two parts and unhooks easily from the wall so
is easy to lift out and give a good scrub when needed.

I love their decor
thumbsup.gif
Can't wait until we get the stationary coop finished and I can get it all painted!

Back
Top Bottom