Roost??

Feleena

Chirping
Aug 3, 2015
I've got a couple red bourbon turkeys (new to the Turkey world:)) and as curious if they will roost or just stay on the ground in the coop at night time??

What would be an appropriate roost?

I use large diameter limbs (2" and larger in diameter) at staggered heights. A 2"x4" or 2"x6" with the wide side up also works as long as the span isn't too far to prevent it bowing and eventually breaking under their weight. For turkeys starting at 2' - 3' off the ground and working up to 6' high with sufficient distance from any walls that they can easily turn around on the roost. The different levels of the roost should not be directly above the lower levels to allow them to easily jump from level to level.

Good luck.

I use large diameter limbs (2" and larger in diameter) at staggered heights.  A 2"x4" or 2"x6" with the wide side up also works as long as the span isn't too far to prevent it bowing and eventually breaking under their weight.  For turkeys starting at 2' - 3' off the ground and working up to 6' high with sufficient distance from any walls that they can easily turn around on the roost.  The different levels of the roost should not be directly above the lower levels to allow them to easily jump from level to level.

Good luck.

Great thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom