Rooster acting drunk. No pooping for past 3 hours. No eating or drinking

Thank you. I think something happened to him bc it practically happened overnight. I think someone who don’t know roosters kicked him. I nursed him back to health for 10 days. He’s not the same and wings don’t work but before he was doing awful and could barely walk. Now it’s been 2 months, he walks a little weird with the claws “digging”when he walks. He sleeps in the nesting boxes at night. He’s slower then he was and have to catch up with the rest of the flock. Otherwise he’s still able to enjoy his life with the flock, forage, eating mealworms, blueberries/kale/spring mix treat or whatever I took for them.
I'm glad to see he's doing better, he's a pretty boy.
Thank you for the update.

Did you ever got an autopsy done? What did the vet say? How did u know when it was time?
Vet had no idea what it was and they don't do tests or autopsies here or even try to treat chickens, so I'm on my own.

The time was when his condition became too demeaning. Rolling around in the dirt unable to stand and visibly having difficulty or suffering most of the time he was awake. At some point there is no benefit and it's better to end it. I gave him a good year+ of life though where most would cull him immediately, so I have made my peace with such decisions.

Back
Top Bottom