Rooster acting drunk. No pooping for past 3 hours. No eating or drinking

Once they are separated the pecking order changes, and it can trigger fighting, especially if it has been that long. In my flock, if a young cockerel grows up with another or a grown rooster, they usually get along fine, until the young once challenges the older one. If the young one or the one who has been gone act submissive, they might be able to get along. My head rooster went through a molt, and the new guy ran him off into the woods and wouldn’t allow him back.

They didn’t fight before. The small one was submissive and they both got along very well. It’s been 10 days since they had been separated. How long do I separate them?os this going to be a forever thing? I don’t know what to do! Bc they got along well before. I posted some pics in previous post also of the situation..
This. 👇 10 days is a long separation when it comes to chickens.
Once they are separated the pecking order changes, and it can trigger fighting, especially if it has been that long. In my flock, if a young cockerel grows up with another or a grown rooster, they usually get along fine, until the young once challenges the older one. If the young one or the one who has been gone act submissive, they might be able to get along. My head rooster went through a molt, and the new guy ran him off into the woods and wouldn’t allow him back.

I went to the hospital and came back to check on the chickens. It’s not my property. I found the rooster barely able to walk. He’s wobbly and can’t hold balance. He can’t even get himself to sit and his head sometimes drops down. Usually he is really mean and won’t let you close without attacking, but I was able to grab him easily and cuddle and clean him. He seems conscious of what’s going on but physically cannot move right at all like disabled and wobbly. I haven’t seen him eat or drink I did give syringe with coconut water. Did someone hit him and caused injury or did he eat something bad? All the other chickens are fine. What can I do for him? I have isolated him with food and water but seems like he can’t eat or drink on his own. How can I feed an injured chicken that can’t eat? Syringe feed? This happened overnight. Combs are red.
I've just been through that with 3 hens and rhodey. It's sour crop. Get natural unsweetened yoghurt asap and probiotics.
Before starting that, put a tablespoon of white vinegar in a litre of water and syringe at least 2ml at a time into him.
3 days of white vinegar, or top quality apple cider vinegar, but white works fine.
Also tip him forward an massage the crop, get him to vomit the ransid stuff out. But be careful not to let him raise his head to swallow or he'll end up like Lucy, my fav. She's buried under her favorite tree

I've just been through that with 3 hens and rhodey. It's sour crop. Get natural unsweetened yoghurt asap and probiotics.
Before starting that, put a tablespoon of white vinegar in a litre of water and syringe at least 2ml at a time into him.
3 days of white vinegar, or top quality apple cider vinegar, but white works fine.
Also tip him forward an massage the crop, get him to vomit the ransid stuff out. But be careful not to let him raise his head to swallow or he'll end up like Lucy, my fav. She's buried under her favorite tree
Ignore this, I just saw the date.. it was actually the same day I had 4 have this exact thingvan one die. I hope you got the solution in time

Ignore this, I just saw the date.. it was actually the same day I had 4 have this exact thingvan one die. I hope you got the solution in timeI ended up giving him rooster booster and quarantining him for 10 days in a relax, peaceful environment.
Ignore this, I just saw the date.. it was actually the same day I had 4 have this exact thingvan one die. I hope you got the solution in time
Im not sure if our symptoms are the same. Mine was walking around wobbly and seem to have nerve issues. Perhaps someone kicked him. Or he ate something bad.or had a stroke. I had separated I’m in a quiet peaceful environment at my house for 10 days. I gave him 1cc or rooster booster twice a day as well as his regular feed, scrambled eggs with zucchini. Mealworms as treat. And some blueberries and spring mix as a treat, I didn’t over do the treats. Electrolyte/probiotic poultry solution. He has rejoined the flock and is doing much better than before but his wings are weak and walks a little bit weird. But he is pretty much back to normal. Unable to fly up to the roost at night so he’s sleeping in the nesting boxes but he’s eating and drinking fine and foraging with the flock
Able to fight the other small, tiny rooster back if he challenges him. Of course I separate them when I catch them.

Yeah different symptoms although sour crop can progress to that drunken state. From what you described, he may have fallen off his perch from a fright or something an twisted his back or caught his wings. It sounds like you've got him going in the right direction.
I've been doing a lot of research lately, having my neighbors hens dumped on me, another is sick today so I added vinegar to their water tonight. She hasn't eaten all day so hopefully she drinks water. I'll put her on natural yoghurt tomorrow.
One of my 10 day old chicks has a lump wing today, she tried to fly out of the brooder and got caught down the side of it with one wing folded forward. I've wrapped her in a infants sock and popped in a little nest. I think she's enjoying being hand fed lol

What a beautiful boy. I love that colour scheme. Looks like a Maran?

I have seen something like this. I hope it's not the same thing. One of my 5yo roos started doing the wobbly feet thing, especially the tapping in one place you can see in the videos, lifting his leg and putting it down real quick while standing in one place, often looking perplexed like he had not meant to do that. It progressed from that to him being unable to keep balance, falling on his side or on his behind and unable to stand, unable to walk upright and doing a kind of half-kneeling walk... at the end he had lost weight, was not cleaning himself, had lost some of his vision and was barely able to walk. That whole process took a year. No vet was able to help. Nothing I gave him helped either. I had to cull him during his 6th year, because it was becoming torture for him. My best guess is that it was some kind of slowly progressing neurological condition, probably genetic. I've never seen that anywhere else. The foot tapping in your video honestly gave me terrible flashbacks. I seriously hope it's not the same thing. Thought I'd share nevertheless.

I would keep giving him vitamins and would recommend Selenium as well, just a tiny bit on the tip of a knife. It helps in some chicken neurological conditions.

I have seen something like this. I hope it's not the same thing. One of my 5yo roos started doing the wobbly feet thing, especially the tapping in one place you can see in the videos, lifting his leg and putting it down real quick while standing in one place, often looking perplexed like he had not meant to do that. It progressed from that to him being unable to keep balance, falling on his side or on his behind and unable to stand, unable to walk upright and doing a kind of half-kneeling walk... at the end he had lost weight, was not cleaning himself, had lost some of his vision and was barely able to walk. That whole process took a year. No vet was able to help. Nothing I gave him helped either. I had to cull him during his 6th year, because it was becoming torture for him. My best guess is that it was some kind of slowly progressing neurological condition, probably genetic. I've never seen that anywhere else. The foot tapping in your video honestly gave me terrible flashbacks. I seriously hope it's not the same thing. Thought I'd share nevertheless.

I would keep giving him vitamins and would recommend Selenium as well, just a tiny bit on the tip of a knife. It helps in some chicken neurological conditions.

Thank you. I think something happened to him bc it practically happened overnight. I think someone who don’t know roosters kicked him. I nursed him back to health for 10 days. He’s not the same and wings don’t work but before he was doing awful and could barely walk. Now it’s been 2 months, he walks a little weird with the claws “digging”when he walks. He sleeps in the nesting boxes at night. He’s slower then he was and have to catch up with the rest of the flock. Otherwise he’s still able to enjoy his life with the flock, forage, eating mealworms, blueberries/kale/spring mix treat or whatever I took for them.

Attachments

• 83E1B05B-E7DE-4C55-A901-3C10BF81E75F.jpeg
    83E1B05B-E7DE-4C55-A901-3C10BF81E75F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 42F55C46-2097-4316-A317-03C6C6FDC0CA.jpeg
    42F55C46-2097-4316-A317-03C6C6FDC0CA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • F12FE130-8E70-4696-A798-9FF29D7A729C.jpeg
    F12FE130-8E70-4696-A798-9FF29D7A729C.jpeg
    953 KB · Views: 5
  • FF25ABD9-989B-4052-AA02-2DBA6F4B9B23.jpeg
    FF25ABD9-989B-4052-AA02-2DBA6F4B9B23.jpeg
    911.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 46B99E34-0844-4F94-BDC0-E9466E633381.jpeg
    46B99E34-0844-4F94-BDC0-E9466E633381.jpeg
    999.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 4C72D3EC-93EC-499F-BC82-CA7C6D2B11A5.jpeg
    4C72D3EC-93EC-499F-BC82-CA7C6D2B11A5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • 3B8BCD73-0A40-4D0C-B46E-DDB4B0B09571.jpeg
    3B8BCD73-0A40-4D0C-B46E-DDB4B0B09571.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

Did you ever got an autopsy done? What did the vet say? How did u know when it was time?

Back
Top Bottom