Rooster and hen HIT BY CAR

I am very sorry to hear they were hit by a car. I was driving down a side road awhile ago and saw Geese dead all up and down the road there must of been more then 12 of them just kept seeing them everywhere on the road on the side of the road just made me sick! You could tell someone thought it was fun to run them down. I wanted to let the owner know but had no idea which house they came from. I'm sure they knew soon enough.
Hope your Rooster gets well soon.

Wanted to update everyone on Big Man, He is back to normal! It took him forever to crow again but he is back to being the rooster he was before, all the chickens are mad at me because they have not been allowed out of the pen since the incident, I have been pulling greens for them daily, even digging through 13" of snow to get them some, but they still want out, looks like I need to invest in some chicken netting. All the hens decided to molt over the winter also and I am just now starting to get some eggs again, I dont think my little chicken noodle will ever lay but she is my favorite, when they first getting some age on them there were four roosters in the bunch and Cordon Blue mature quickly breeding the hens before they ever started laying, noodle was his favorite and it wasnt long before he had pulled out most her head feathers and she refused to come out of the coop, so I would isolate her daily, I started letting them out then got rid of all but big man and she is better now, I think he knows she doesnt lay so he never even breeds her, her face is pink and she is smaller than the rest now and they are almost a year old.

You should probably take him too the vet, if he doesn't recover soon. I also have a product to help heal pet sores called stop itch. you should maybe try that? sorry about what happened

Livvy xx

Back
Top Bottom