rooster attacked chick

When the cortisone/prednisone has helped to reduce the swelling, we might very carefully try some osteopathic procedures to help with relocation.
As soon as i get ahold of the meds that i have at home i’ll post pics to show y’all.
They were prescribed for asthma as steroids for pain and inflammation i’m not sure if those are different with the vet ones.
I’ve never done that before, or dealt with any injured chickens for that matter, any resources to help me get more knowledge on that?sounds nerve racking :barnie

As soon as i get ahold of the meds that i have at home i’ll post pics to show y’all.
They were prescribed for asthma as steroids for pain and inflammation i’m not sure if those are different with the vet ones.
I’ve never done that before, or dealt with any injured chickens for that matter, any resources to help me get more knowledge on that?sounds nerve racking :barnie
The only information regarding dosage I could find was this veterinary site: http://www.poultrydvm.com/drugs/prednisolone

Usually though, it's given in liquid form to animals. I'm not sure about pills. Maybe you could dissolve in water? Maybe some others can chime in here with more info.

turns out i don’t have any of them left, they only give 5 and i took them all awhile back, any OTC meds i could give him? :(

edit: could i give him atleast a tiny tiny bit of 83 mg aspirin? i stopped last time at 3 days so it wouldn’t compromise his kidneys, will this once hurt him?

Last edited:
Most likely. I would think after a break a little aspirin wouldn't hurt. Or even a smaller amount like 1/4? Just guessing on that.

Has he been in the sling? Wondering how his leg strength and coordination are doing?

Most likely. I would think after a break a little aspirin wouldn't hurt. Or even a smaller amount like 1/4? Just guessing on that.

Has he been in the sling? Wondering how his leg strength and coordination are doing?
I gave him a bit twice a day yesterday and he took a nice nap and was definitely more calm so i’m assuming he felt better, i didn’t give him any today since he’s just been chilling, he’s currently on the sling but he doesn’t like to be there long and starts wiggling around, coordination isn’t there but his legs are strong, he uses them to push himself around the box but still isn’t able to balance.

Back
Top Bottom