Rooster attacks granpa!

CalebtheChicken

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Jeremiah, Ky.
I have a new hampshire red that absolutly HATES my pappa. Every day my pappa comes up to my house, and almost every day my rooster attacks him. Red (rooster) is usually much nicer (though he can be mean every once in a while). What can I do to pacify Red and get him to stop attacking my granpa?
Redrooster.jpg

Here's a pic of red, locked up because my pappa was visiting.

Last edited:
have grandpa chase him and run him down to catch him.. if he holds him for a bit red will get the hint that grandpa is dominate and will leave him alone.. when my grandkids come over i hug them tight and chase my roo away.. he seems to understand they are "MINE" and he lets them be..grandpa will have to do this a few times and he can always hold him by his feet upside down for a little bit to get the message across to the roo.

Ok see... Red hates him so much that if he tried to catch him red would proubly just think he was fighting back and attack more... but I'll tell him to try it anyway.

In my opinion, CHASING a rooster will only make him want to challenge that person more. It doesn't do that much good, scares the rooster and annoys the chaser. Bad deal all around.

He MIGHT walk toward the rooster, forcefully, not hesitatingly, turning to follow it wherever it goes for a few minutes. Then stand there, just stand there, facing the rooster. If the rooster starts back toward him when he turns to walk away, he should turn back and just stand there again. Maybe even take another couple steps toward it.

It's a dominance tactic. Maybe that will help.

Other than that, if you want to keep him, you'll have to keep locking him up when your Granpa visits.

Keep the rooster locked up or get rid of him. Since getting rid of "granpa" is not an option!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom