Rooster Babysitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Happster

Happs
Apr 5, 2020
Cloud Nine
Just wanted to share pictures of my boy Pumpkin babysitting his son while the mother went to lay an egg.
I am incredibly proud of him.

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_150630.jpg
    IMG_20200709_150630.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200709_143843.jpg
    IMG_20200709_143843.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200709_150325_1.jpg
    IMG_20200709_150325_1.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 23
That is so sweet!

I snapped a photo of my cochin cuddling with his "adopted" kids. One is a roo and started crowing two weeks ago. My cochin has always slept on the floor of the coop and as soon as the white roo started crowing, he started sleeping next to his "dad". I was so scared they wouldn't get along, but I guess I was wrong!

1594307001022.png

I was a bit worried about trying to put him with the chick, but I trust him completely, so I just went for it.
That is so sweet!

I snapped a photo of my cochin cuddling with his "adopted" kids. One is a roo and started crowing two weeks ago. My cochin has always slept on the floor of the coop and as soon as the white roo started crowing, he started sleeping next to his "dad". I was so scared they wouldn't get along, but I guess I was wrong!

View attachment 2234944
Ahhh he's so sweet.
I love seeing a roo with chicks. All those people with fears of roosters should see this.

I was a bit worried about trying to put him with the chick, but I trust him completely, so I just went for it.

Ahhh he's so sweet.
I love seeing a roo with chicks. All those people with fears of roosters should see this.
These were my first broody mama chicks and I was a nervous wreck about flock bullying, but they have all been so tolerating of these babies. They weren't so tolerating for the 5 hatchery chicks I integrated in with them when they were 6 weeks old, but the hatchery chicks are still doing well regardless.

Is he riding on top of his dad, or did you put him there??

I may have put him there :rolleyes:
He did it himself earlier, hopped for a ride on his mom's back, but I didn't have my phone on me for a picture. I notice they often seem to do it.
That 2nd photo is especially adorable! The head tilting of dad looking down at his boy makes my heart melt! (maybe submit that for the BYC calendar :love)
Thank you! I might, actually. I actually think it's probably the wrong size though. 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom