Rooster box Humod?

Loweryfarm

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2021
Indianapolis, Indiana
I put my RIR and silkie roosters in this box at night in the garage covered by a tarp(not tight just on top) and in the morning the roosters seem damp to the touch. And I don’t want to be putting them out in the cold if they’re damp, especially the silkie. Anyone know why this is happening or how to prevent it? I have about 20 holes drilled in the sides and the lid for air.

BTW.
The box is to prevent them from crowing, or crowing as loud at night and too early in the morning until I can let them out during the day when it doesn’t matter as much.

Attachments

• F3B66472-4515-41D0-A308-9D14D403A695.jpeg
    F3B66472-4515-41D0-A308-9D14D403A695.jpeg
    944.8 KB · Views: 10
Maybe, definitely lose the tarp.
How big are the holes?
How big is that box, inches by inches by inches?
How many birds are you putting in there?
Box is 2.5 ft by 1.5ft, holes are small drill bit sized, 1 normal sized Rhode Island Red Rooster and 1 small silkie rooster.

Also they’re only in there generally from like 3:30am-7:30am. And it’s only if they start crowning at the usual 3:30am.

Last edited:
Box is 2.5 ft by 1.5ft, holes are small drill bit sized, 1 normal sized Rhode Island Red Rooster and 1 small silkie rooster.

Also they’re only in there generally from like 3:30am-7:30am. And it’s only if they start crowning at the usual 3:30am.
Why not re-home them?
That's no way to live.

Sounds like you are unable to support these boys. Personally I would allow them to have a home that can allow them to be what they are. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear.

Back
Top Bottom