Rooster Brawl

You do realize that we are trying to tell you they WILL kill each other don't you?? Separating them is the ONLY way to prevent this. They do not care if you remove the spurs. The only thing they care about is killing each other. It will get UGLY.

You do realize that we are trying to tell you they WILL kill each other don't you?? Separating them is the ONLY way to prevent this. They do not care if you remove the spurs. The only thing they care about is killing each other. It will get UGLY.
I know this, but this is my rooster my money my dicision.

Centrarchid and Enola have given you some very wise advice here, gleaned from (what I suspect are) many years of experience.

However, I do agree with you that these are your birds, and how you choose to proceed is entirely your choice.

That being said, if I may interject one small piece of advice (and you can take it or leave it)......

Nature dictates that these birds will probably attempt to fight each other, possibly to the death. If that happens, it won't be quick, it won't be pretty, and it won't be painless.

I presume that you are just like most of us here though - you want your birds to be happy and don't want to see them suffer any pain.

So my advice is that whatever you do, just keep a very close eye on them.

If you do decide to let these birds run together, even for short periods, you might want to be around to supervise (and if needs be) quickly separate them.

I wish you all the best with your birds.

- Krista

ETA: Nice looking roosters you have there
smile.png

Last edited:
Centrarchid and Enola have given you some very wise advice here, gleaned from (what I suspect are) many years of experience.

However, I do agree with you that these are your birds, and how you choose to proceed is entirely your choice.

That being said, if I may interject one small piece of advice (and you can take it or leave it)......

Nature dictates that these birds will probably attempt to fight each other, possibly to the death. If that happens, it won't be quick, it won't be pretty, and it won't be painless.

I presume that you are just like most of us here though - you want your birds to be happy and don't want to see them suffer any pain.

So my advice is that whatever you do, just keep a very close eye on them.

If you do decide to let these birds run together, even for short periods, you might want to be around to supervise (and if needs be) quickly separate them.

I wish you all the best with your birds.

- Krista

ETA: Nice looking roosters you have there
smile.png
I have been (after this morning) and I plan on trying there advice. But I hate to give/sell a rooster that I rased, but I will keep a close eye and give updates. ikr pretty roosters

Just so you know, most breeds of roosters fight until one of them gives up and runs away. The winning rooster stays around the hens and puffs himself up and looks all important.

Game roosters fight until one of them gives up and runs away, the difference is, the winning rooster runs him down and continues to beat him up until he kills the losing rooster.

I realize they are your chickens, your money and your decision. I just want you to realize the difference between the different types of roosters and how they fight. Like Centarchid says, once one of them is all torn up, it wil be harder to find someone who wants him.....

I have been (after this morning) and I plan on trying there advice. But I hate to give/sell a rooster that I rased, but I will keep a close eye and give updates. ikr pretty roosters

It is hard to give away the ones you have raised yourself. I got rid of 5 cockerels recently and I was very attached to them. I was lucky enough to be able to find them good homes where they would be looked after well, and that made it a little easier to re-home them - knowing they were going to a good place.

I was wondering - how many hens do you have? Or do you just have the two roosters? If you got yourself 20 hens you might be able to keep them both!
big_smile.png

I look forward to hearing how you get on and wish you all the best,

Krista

Just so you know, most breeds of roosters fight until one of them gives up and runs away. The winning rooster stays around the hens and puffs himself up and looks all important.

Game roosters fight until one of them gives up and runs away, the difference is, the winning rooster runs him down and continues to beat him up until he kills the losing rooster.

NO!

I realize they are your chickens, your money and your decision. I just want you to realize the difference between the different types of roosters and how they fight. Like Centarchid says, once one of them is all torn up, it wil be harder to find someone who wants him.....
I know I was watching them duke it out and Big Red tryed to run away and Rocky cased him down.And if it comes down to the line i will give/sell Rocky someone would want him.

Back
Top Bottom