Rooster breathing oddly

Crax

Chirping
Oct 4, 2020
Texas
Hello! I am new here, I have a bantam rooster who’s been breathing very oddly, to define odd, when I hold him it’s very loud, I wanna say almost congested kinda sounds like he has a cold, at least.. that’s how my mom put it, but I want to know, what could be wrong with him? I wish I could add an audio file of some sort to showcase this issue, anyways, is this a disease? Illness? Or does he just have something stuck in his throat? I’ve already been googling and there’s a lot of options... he has no other symptoms of anything except for the breathing, no coughing sneezing etc, I just hope someone here can help 🙏

:welcome Is he crowing, eating, drinking normally ?
He is eating and drinking normally, In fact he moves around just fine and does his own thing just breathes funny, I don’t think I’ve heard him crow today, I could be wrong and just had forgotten he has.

Hello again, this is a rather late update but as of Monday night he sadly passed away, he was a very nice little rooster and my flock isn’t the same without him... :( I am trying to identify what breed he was, I know I got him from the bantam assortment from tractor supply, as a chick he was solid black with a tan “mask” on his face, if anyone knows what breed of chicken has this look as a chick please do reply, I’ve been googling and googling trying to find the breed, also I should mention his comb was a rose comb if that helps identify the breed even more.

Hello again, this is a rather late update but as of Monday night he sadly passed away, he was a very nice little rooster and my flock isn’t the same without him... :( I am trying to identify what breed he was, I know I got him from the bantam assortment from tractor supply, as a chick he was solid black with a tan “mask” on his face, if anyone knows what breed of chicken has this look as a chick please do reply, I’ve been googling and googling trying to find the breed, also I should mention his comb was a rose comb if that helps identify the breed even more.

I’m so sorry you lost him. It sounds like he was a Quail Belgian Bearded d’Anver.

Back
Top Bottom