Rooster Breed Mix?

SwampPrincessChick

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Oct 30, 2022
The Swamp
I got what was supposed to be a sexed California Gray pullet from Tractor Supply a few years ago. That apparently did not work out as expected, but what I am wondering is which breeds my rooster, Bomb, was mixed with.

To me, Bomb looked as if he had mostly Blue Cochin genes, but where did the body shape, rose comb, and clean legs come from? I know breed does not fully determine an individual's personality, but I think it would be worth noting that he was very human-aggressive.

Screenshot_20230713-184056_Textra.jpg

@SwampQueenChick

I got what was supposed to be a sexed California Gray pullet from Tractor Supply a few years ago. That apparently did not work out as expected, but what I am wondering is which breeds my rooster, Bomb, was mixed with.

To me, Bomb looked as if he had mostly Blue Cochin genes, but where did the body shape, rose comb, and clean legs come from? I know breed does not fully determine an individual's personality, but I think it would be worth noting that he was very human-aggressive.

View attachment 3582595

@SwampQueenChick
Idk anything...but he is BEAUTIFUL!!! 😍😍😍

If he came from a hatchery then the only thing he could be is a blue Wyandotte. If he's from a backyard breeder then probably a Wyandotte mix.
He was from Tractor Supply, which goes through Hoover's Hatchery. Hoover's Hatchery is full of mixes that they sell as straightbreds, so I guess you could say he came from a "backyard breeder" in a way.

Back
Top Bottom