Rooster can't move, PLEASE HELP!

Since molasses is made from brown sugar can't you mix a bit of brown sugar in water??? I know it's not exactly the same thing but still it may work. I always have molasses around where I make cookies with it, and baked beans.

He may have mareks disease, i'm afraid it is fatal. it is common in silkies; I lost my silkie cockerel to it. it paralyses half of their body - wing and leg included, and prevents them from eating, drinking etc. we had to dispatch ourselves. it is unfortunately contagious, it trevls in feather dander, therefore the place he is must be thoroughly disinfected before future use, to prevent further death. i'm sorry for your loss xx

He may have mareks disease, i'm afraid it is fatal. it is common in silkies; I lost my silkie cockerel to it. it paralyses half of their body - wing and leg included, and prevents them from eating, drinking etc. we had to dispatch ourselves. it is unfortunately contagious, it trevls in feather dander, therefore the place he is must be thoroughly disinfected before future use, to prevent further death. i'm sorry for your loss xx

But its eating and drinking fine
hmm.png
I guess you didn't read that part.

Just throwing this out here. But two of my chickens ate and drank right up to maybe 3hours before death with mareks disease.

No one on here can tell you what's wrong but only give possibilities and opinions, I do hope you find out exactly what the cause is. Best of. Luck

oh im sorry I dint spot that part - it could still be mareks though, if it is very wobbly on its feet and unbalanced there is a good chance - try giving him plenty of mineral suppliments and check his vent - there may be a answer there. good luck :)

So i cleaned my coop out ( on the same day as my last post ) i have a leaf blower i used it to get all of the remaining wood chips out, and i replaced it with straw this times, and everything was fine then yestarday i noticed that one of my hens was sort of jumping/limping about, and again today the same one, so i lifted it an put it on as the same pen as the other one, i didnt want to take any chnaces :/ what to do now is this going to kill them all, :/ did i so the right thing or is it to late :/?

Last edited:
So i cleaned my coop out ( on the same day as my last post ) i have a leaf blower i used it to get all of the remaining wood chips out, and i replaced it with straw this times, and everything was fine then yestarday i noticed that one of my hens was sort of jumping/limping about, and again today the same one, so i lifted it an put it on as the same pen as the other one, i didnt want to take any chnaces
hmm.png
what to do now is this going to kill them all,
hmm.png
did i so the right thing or is it to late
hmm.png
?

did you try the water?

Back
Top Bottom