Rooster Chat

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cluckcluckluke, Jul 8, 2014.

1. MysteriaSdrassa

MysteriaSdrassa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2015
    Central Wisconsin
    LOL,, when I said trying,, I should have said,, he was getting it done properly. [​IMG]

2. nab58

nab58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    CT
    This is Reese now. He's turned out to be a gorgeous rooster but he is extremely loud. We are trying to find a home for him but I'm having a hard time parting with him.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

He is so pretty! Why do you have to give him away?

4. nab58

nab58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    CT

He's SO LOUD! He's driving us nuts. He crow starting at about 3am and does about 5-10 cock-a doodle-doos in a row every 45 minutes until noon. We live on 9 acres, you'd think he wouldn't bother the neighbors but he does. I thought I could relocate him to my brothers house but he said he cull him. I thought I wouldn't have a problem with that but now that it comes down to it, I do. I don't know what to do.

1 person likes this.
  5. annachicks

annachicks New Egg

Jun 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    I have 2 Gilbert the Ameracauna for my big hens and Estabon for my Seabrights :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Mareanne

Mareanne New Egg

Jun 25, 2015
    Hello BYC forum,

I'm in need of some help. This past spring the preschool I work at hatched some chicks for the kids to experience. I fell in love with the first one hatched and the one teacher who carried out the hatching believed that the two I brought home were both female, but that was at 3 weeks of age. The first hatched turned out to be a Black Copper Maran rooster.

He is beautiful and knows his name (Cooley) but I can't have a rooster.

I'm looking for a new home for him. If you can help I would be so grateful. The woman that took all the other chicks, said she takes the roosters to a place where they kill the rooster.

I live in Gilbert, AZ

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  7. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks like your sentence was cut off after "takes the rooster to a place..."

8. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

I would love to have a BCM rooster but unfortunately I live in Australia.
    Try posting an add up with a picture of him on several online classifieds, I believe you guys use Craigslist a lot?

9. Mareanne

Mareanne New Egg

Jun 25, 2015
    Thank you for offering but I think the cost of postage and quarantine would cost more than my rooster. [​IMG]

10. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

hahah plus the fact that it is very illegal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by