Rooster Crowing . . . NOT!! Look at what I found yaw'll.

Nov 7, 2021
Lyric's World
Had to bring this here to get the opinions of you prophytes.

We had roosters 11 years ago in Florida and apparently they were not obnoxious for they did not work my nerves. Now a neighbor seemed to have a rooster farm. I used to call his crowing roos "The Bubble Bunch". Ha ha ha. Hubby suspected they might have been into fighting cocks, I dunno. Thankfully I wasn't "that neighbor, Karen" who complained about other people's business.

Anywho, as I am on the verge of getting my own, lil flock (so excited) this post from somewhere caught my eye. I captured a photo to show yaw'll. 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-30-05-38-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-30-05-38-23.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2022-06-30-05-38-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-30-05-38-30.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 26
Had to bring this here to get the opinions of you prophytes.

We had roosters 11 years ago in Florida and apparently they were not obnoxious for they did not work my nerves. Now a neighbor seemed to have a rooster farm. I used to call his crowing roos "The Bubble Bunch". Ha ha ha. Hubby suspected they might have been into fighting cocks, I dunno. Thankfully I wasn't "that neighbor, Karen" who complained about other people's business.

Anywho, as I am on the verge of getting my own, lil flock (so excited) this post from somewhere caught my eye. I captured a photo to show yaw'll. 🤔
Huh, that’s interesting!! @Overo Mare @TheOddOneOut

I've heard of these boxes. The thing is, roosters don't just crow in the morning. They crow whenever they want to. Morning, noon, even nighttime.

So unless he's made to be in it 24/7 like a medieval torture device, he's still going to do what roosters do. My advice to anyone reading this is: Don't have roosters if they can't be roosters.

I've heard of these boxes. The thing is, roosters don't just crow in the morning. They crow whenever they want to. Morning, noon, even nighttime.

So unless he's made to be in it 24/7 like a medieval torture device, he's still going to do what roosters do. My advice to anyone reading this is: Don't have roosters if they can't be roosters.
Hi Overo,

I think the writer of that post said he/she wanted to control the sound until he/she arose in the morning. Had to sleep to prep for work and life. They were not attempting to shut the rooster up 24/7. Make sense?

I found I like crowing. With my windows closed it didn't wake me often. Even while my chickens were right below my window (mobile coop). I'm a relatively light sleeper.

If you're allowed roosters, in a rural area, and/or far from other houses I wouldn't stress so much about it until you experience first-hand. On a not-windy day without a lot of motorcycle traffic I can hear other roosters, donkeys and cows. It's part of the background noise to me like birdsong, and an "all's well."

I found I like crowing. With my windows closed it didn't wake me often. Even while my chickens were right below my window (mobile coop). I'm a relatively light sleeper.

If you're allowed roosters, in a rural area, and/or far from other houses I wouldn't stress so much about it until you experience first-hand. On a not-windy day without a lot of motorcycle traffic I can hear other roosters, donkeys and cows. It's part of the background noise to me like birdsong, and an "all's well."
I love crowing. I also love the sound of guineas though, so maybe I'm just not quite right. 🤪

I love crowing. I also love the sound of guineas though, so maybe I'm just not quite right. 🤪
Uw lord, I remember our guineas. Those babies are loooud! :lau The hubby commented just this morning "we need to get some Guineas". I tell ya, the chicken (fowl) math is killing me.

We have a skosh more than whatcha call "backyard"; but we are NOT a commercial farm. We are working with four acres (all together).

"We're fine; we're fine" as said by the woman in "Loves Comes Softly" [Marty]. :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom