Rooster Crowing . . . NOT!! Look at what I found yaw'll.

IMO, it would be way too much work and trouble.

But then I don't mind having my Camp Cockerel facility 15 feet from my bedroom window.

I found I like crowing. With my windows closed it didn't wake me often. Even while my chickens were right below my window (mobile coop). I'm a relatively light sleeper.

If you're allowed roosters, in a rural area, and/or far from other houses I wouldn't stress so much about it until you experience first-hand. On a not-windy day without a lot of motorcycle traffic I can hear other roosters, donkeys and cows. It's part of the background noise to me like birdsong, and an "all's well."

When I had my in-town rooster our neighbor's philosophy was that if we didn't mind their muscle car they didn't mind our rooster.

Roosters are nowhere near as loud as freight trains and commercial jets and they don't shake the house either. :D

Bless. I couldn't function that close to a single track. 😵

When you grow up with it you get used to it. At night I'd listen to the train whistles and let the vibrations rock me to sleep. In a different place when my daughter was a baby I'd be up nursing her at night and could count 7 crossings on a still, humid night when sound travels best.

I wasn't quite that close to the tracks at home, but my Mom was about 1/4 mile from that same crossing and my Dad was right under the main approach route (at the time), for Greater Pittsburgh International airport.

Where I live now I can't hear any trains at all and I only get light aircraft and military helicopters so it's weirdly quiet by the standards of my lifetime.

When you grow up with it you get used to it. At night I'd listen to the train whistles and let the vibrations rock me to sleep. In a different place when my daughter was a baby I'd be up nursing her at night and could count 7 crossings on a still, humid night when sound travels best.

I wasn't quite that close to the tracks at home, but my Mom was about 1/4 mile from that same crossing and my Dad was right under the main approach route (at the time), for Greater Pittsburgh International airport.

Where I live now I can't hear any trains at all and I only get light aircraft and military helicopters so it's weirdly quiet by the standards of my lifetime.
My sister used to live right under an approach route. The first time I was there when a jet flew over, it scared the crap out of me. I imagine you do get used to it by growing up with it. As an adult though, I believe the loudest I could live with are the cows bellowing into my windows at 6 a.m.

Our lone rooster, Big Red, crows very lovely. He chats with the neighboring roosters, clucks to his harem, and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, lets us know when danger is near or the hens need help! We are thankful for him.
He sounds like a keeper😁 good roosters are hard to find.. I think another perk is roosters bust up fighting😁 I will see my boy run several yards to bust up his girls in an argument...👍

Back
Top Bottom