Rooster crowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 110% with easttxchick.
My husband works nights, when he isn't busy breaking legs and trying to die on me, but anyhow my rooster crowing doesn't bother him. It's something you get used to living in the country.
I myself prefer the sound of my rooster crowing over the cows bawling for their lost babes anyday.

I believe your roo will settle down once he's made sure the entire world knows he's THE MAN. That's provided there isn't another rooster somewhere setting him off.

Well after the 3 nights of fireworks that one of my neighbors set off I so will not worry about the crowing. I guess I worry to much about being a good neighbor!!! Also my roo "Gunny" has started working over about 1/2 of the hens so far. They are not near as scared of him as they were of my big cochin roo!

That's what roosters do--tell your neighbors to live with it--and give them an occasional dozen eggs. Right now I'm between flocks--old roosters got massacred last spring and the chicks haven't matured enough--I miss the crowing. It's too darn quiet.

I'm not allowed to have roosters but I REALLY want one! I would rather hear a rooster crow than traffic noise. And the birds around here are so noisy anyway.....

My little roo started crowing this past week (black cochin frizzle bantam) and it is just the cutest thing ever (we live in the middle of a cornfield, no neighbors, can't hear from inside, etc.) - love hearing his "squawk-a-doodle-doo!". He must be a very contented little guy because he pretty much only does it right before I open the coop in the morning. (he has a variety of five girls to keep him happy/occupied). My son named him Freddy Mercury so he is our little Freddy-Roo, and very sweet and friendly, loves having his neck scratched.

Nobody told me chickens were this much fun.

:)

deb g
KY

My two boys are 12 weeks old and I can't wait until they start crowing. I set my alarm at 5 am every morning so I can get up and turn of the window ac and open the window. I don't want to miss them when they start
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom