Rooster eating goat poop?!?

Browndogsanctuary

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2021
My rooster Bobbo has always been a bit of a weirdo, but lately I have noticed him chewing on goat poop. I also saw him swallow a piece, which is very strange. I feed him plenty of food and give him
image.jpg
snacks during the day, so I don’t believe it is because he is hungry. He also has 1 1/2 nice acres to forage in, and it doesn’t snow where I live. Does anyone have any advice, and does this mean anything?

My rooster Bobbo has always been a bit of a weirdo, but lately I have noticed him chewing on goat poop. I also saw him swallow a piece, which is very strange. I feed him plenty of food and give him View attachment 2963492snacks during the day, so I don’t believe it is because he is hungry. He also has 1 1/2 nice acres to forage in, and it doesn’t snow where I live. Does anyone have any advice, and does this mean anything?
Some do sauerkrauts, some do kefir, but the real connoisseurs do goat poop. If your rooster surprises you, pigs will shock you, as they would 100% clean it up and even survive solely on it. And anyway all my chickens have always gone after rabbit poop, they, too, doing a 100% clean up job. They prefer it very fresh, but they prefer it also to grass, since it is more digestible and nutritious. If you need more details I will be happy to provide them.

Back
Top Bottom