Rooster eye is gone. Please Help....

My duck recently suffered a corneal scratch on her eye and she got a similar thick, white layer on top of her eyeball. When I took her for her vet checkup, the vet swabbed it away with a sterile Q tip. I think she said that it probably was a the by product of my duck's immune response. In all likelihood, your duck has suffered an injury/scratch to the eyeball.
austroberta thank you so much :) This is possible that this gelatinous substance is some byproduct. But did removing this thing was helpful in clearing the vision of your duck? Is there a hope that the rooster can see normally with this eye?
Eggcessive, thank you so much :) , I'll try the saline solution, I hope it'll help to heal the rooster eye.

austroberta thank you so much :) This is possible that this gelatinous substance is some byproduct. But did removing this thing was helpful in clearing the vision of your duck? Is there a hope that the rooster can see normally with this eye?
Eggcessive, thank you so much :) , I'll try the saline solution, I hope it'll help to heal the rooster eye.
I'm so sorry I have not replied earlier. My duck's eye is much better now, although it is still clouded up a bit. Removing that white substance did help, as we were able to apply the antibiotic drops directly to the scratched cornea so it might heal. I just took my duck to the vet and the scratch on her eye is totally healed. The vet sad the residual cloudiness she has will eventually go away. My duck's eye looks completely normal from afar, it's only when you get up close that I can see it's a bit cloudy.

I hope your chicken is better now!

Back
Top Bottom