Rooster feathers to clip into your hair?!

Quote:
So long as the rest of the bird is being used too... I don't see anything wrong with it at all. If you eat chicken, why not also celebrate the animal by using it's feathers?
smile.png

Quote:
I hope they do to cause thats just a stupid waste for vanity or some fancy Fly.

X2!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got some feather extensions and I saw that Yahoo article and felt really bad about it. I wouldn't feel so bad if they were killed humanely first and then the feathers were plucked, but if they were plucked while the animal was alive and the animal died as a result I would feel too bad about it to wear them. I've read on other websites different things. Some say the meat is used some say it isn't and some say the rooster is dead then plucked and others say it often dies as a result of plucking. I don't know anything about birds I was just searching for answers about this so if anyone knows that would be great.

They most likely are using the meat but only for the reason cause they can sell it for $$$. So now they make money off of feathers and the meat.

hmm.png
Wearing your roosters feathers? Oh boy.......but then again...I had fuzzy dice in my car window back in the day!
lol.png

Last edited:
My Dad was eyeing my chicks today. He said "Those feathers will make great flies!" I think I squawked louder than the chicks, because he got a real startled look on his face and hastened to say "When they MOLT!!!" I see nothing wrong with using feathers. I do see something wrong with using the bird for ONLY the feathers. I grew up with a father who hunted and he always made sure that every usable part of the animal was utilized.

Back
Top Bottom