Rooster flock? Questions

Definitely possible.There could be fighting,but you have to know the difference between,bad fight and a “Play” fight.If you free range then together you might as well just let them live together,either way their all gonna over mate them.

You can always take one out and breed him,but there may be a squabble or to when he’s added back in,he would need to be Seperate with a hen for atleast a week or two I’d say.

Best to feed all flock.

There is nothing wrong with constant tidbitting and extra stuff,ALL roosters or most do that,regardless of separation issues,it isn’t pathetic,it’s a good thing their doing what a rooster does.They are likely to be just as restless even when not separated,that’s just a rooster for you.
Bullying can happen usually when you have very little space and not enough feeding/watering stations,and roosters in general are probably gonna bully.How many roosters are you wanting to keep together?
You could keep bantams but just like with regular hens and bantam hens,they could get bullied more frequently Due to size.
You could keep 2 to a cage alongside one another.
Thank you for the comment! I have TONS of unused feeders and waterers. Not really sure on how many, probably a dozen if I can. It depends on how big I make my next chicken house. My roosters all get along great now, but I've got 15 chicks in the brooder with 8 ready to hatch and I really would like to "organize" which roosters protect my hens while free ranging. My Lavender Orphington is a fantastic rooster, he does well with my Jersey Giant and Wyandotte roosters. But I have a silkie/RIR, a Splash orph, and a bunch of Polish roosters I would like to make a Rooster Flock out of. They don't hang around with my hens and like to travel, which could end badly around here.

Back
Top Bottom