Rooster had massive eye infection, it’s gone but now seems to have respiratory infection? Dont know if it’s related.

i b
Was he drinking the Denagard really well?

Eyes are open and clear and he can see?
I'd check to make sure his crop is emptying, focus on hydration and him eating his normal feed. A little egg, meat or fish for extra protein. Vitamins a couple of times a week.
Keep him free of lice/mites, see that his crop is emptying overnight. Consider getting a fecal float to see if he needs to be dewormed.

Tylan may help if it's MG, but if he drank the Denagard, then another antibiotic may not help. You can try it and see.
I believe so, he doesn’t have problems drinking or eating. Yes to the question about his eyes. What kind of vitamins?

Was he drinking the Denagard really well?

Eyes are open and clear and he can see?
I'd check to make sure his crop is emptying, focus on hydration and him eating his normal feed. A little egg, meat or fish for extra protein. Vitamins a couple of times a week.
Keep him free of lice/mites, see that his crop is emptying overnight. Consider getting a fecal float to see if he needs to be dewormed.

Tylan may help if it's MG, but if he drank the Denagard, then another antibiotic may not help. You can try it and see.
Also he is wheezing when he squats to poop. This is what his poop looks like.

Attachments

• D150B05E-BAFF-4EC5-BEFB-C1CB2A837D3F.jpeg
    D150B05E-BAFF-4EC5-BEFB-C1CB2A837D3F.jpeg
    576.8 KB · Views: 1
Is his crop emptying?

The wheezing when pooping, I'm just not sure about that. I'd almost try another antibiotic to see if that helps along with deworming if it's a been a while. Baytril may be a better choice to try.

As for vitamins, you can use poultry vitamins. I like Poultry Cell and just direct dose birds when needed. Direct dose is 1cc per 3 pounds of weight.

Is his crop emptying?

The wheezing when pooping, I'm just not sure about that. I'd almost try another antibiotic to see if that helps along with deworming if it's a been a while. Baytril may be a better choice to try.

As for vitamins, you can use poultry vitamins. I like Poultry Cell and just direct dose birds when needed. Direct dose is 1cc per 3 pounds of weight.
I’ll be able to check in a couple hours to see if his crop is emptying! But is there a dewormer you would recommend? Also, I got durvet multi species vitamins and electrolytes (8oz) because it’s what I could get quickest. Will that work alright??

If you are in the US, Safeguard (Fenbendazole) would be a good choice. You can find this in stores like TSC. Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

The Durvet vitamins and electrolytes should be fine. Do provide him fresh plain water too.

If you are in the US, Safeguard (Fenbendazole) would be a good choice. You can find this in stores like TSC. Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

The Durvet vitamins and electrolytes should be fine. Do provide him fresh plain water too.
Thats great, my mom actually has that! And I do believe his crop IS emptying :)

Back
Top Bottom