Rooster has pale face, runny nose, and ashy white bumps on comb

Jemma Rider

Songster
Nov 25, 2017
Maryland
My rooster has been like this since i got back from a two week vacation six days ago. He has two small white bumps on his comb, i will get pictures soon, i don't want to stress him out. When i saw them i thought of fowl pox, but he hasn't developed any more since i noticed the first two though they are both still there.
He also has a pale face, not horribly but it is very noticeable when compared to his usual red face. His comb and wattles are still their usual color though.
There is a bit of liquid coming out of his nostrils as well, it's not a lot of liquid, but there is a constant wetness under his nostrils where there wasn't before. The same thing happened to him close to this time last year as well but went away within a week.
He is a one hear old mixed breed rooster (brahma, Jersey giant, barred rock). He hasn't lost any weight and is eating and drinking and doing rooster things normally. He's going through his first molt and he is an absolute mess. The entire flock (excluding the chicks of course) are on layers feed (crumbles but i usually prefer pellets) and have access to clean water constantly. I was going to switch to flock raiser this week but i don't want to change feed around until rooster seems healthy again.
He is in a flock of four hens and three ten week old chicks in a grow out coop inside the large run.
I hope I've included enough information here, I'm very worried about him he's never been sick since I've had him (it will be a year in October).

Anybody, please?
my rooster is my baby this is killing me.
the paleness in his face is coming and going, it's weird, earlier i noticed his face was even lighter, sickly even. I ran inside for around thirty minutes and when i came back out it was closer to his usual red, but still nowhere near his usual shade.

Tomorrow can you post a picture or two of him? Do you have any Poultry NutriDrench that you could give 2-3 ml of or a few drops? Molt can be hard on most chickens. His nasal drainage may be environmental or he could be getting a respiratory disease. Does he sneeze or have rattly/wheezy breathing? Is there any mold or wet conditions? Is there any runny poops or poop on his vent area?

I would get him off the roost and feel of his crop, then recheck first thing in the morning to make sure it is not full and puffy or firm. Check him over for lice and mites under his vent and elsewhere.

Tomorrow can you post a picture or two of him? Do you have any Poultry NutriDrench that you could give 2-3 ml of or a few drops? Molt can be hard on most chickens. His nasal drainage may be environmental or he could be getting a respiratory disease. Does he sneeze or have rattly/wheezy breathing? Is there any mold or wet conditions? Is there any runny poops or poop on his vent area?

I would get him off the roost and feel of his crop, then recheck first thing in the morning to make sure it is not full and puffy or firm. Check him over for lice and mites under his vent and elsewhere.
I have nutridrench in the water at the moment since i fear fowl pox and figured some extra nutrients for a little while would do some good. His breathing is normal, he is completely normal otherwise, his poop is normal. his crop is normal but i will still check in the morning (i check most of the birds every morning for crop issues). There's no lice or mites as far as i can see, i check regularly. My coop and run are pristine (as pristine as they can be), no wet or mold anywhere in the run or around the yard. I have been putting off a good cleaning though, i just got back from vacation and am down with a cold so haven't gotten around to it (hoping to power wash as soon as I'm better). Last year when i posted a thread about his runny nose it was discussed that he could have allergies, is this a viable option? He has no breathing issues whatsoever.
Thank you! Will get pictures soon as i can i didn't want to bother him since he's molting, he's a mess all of his tail feathers are gone and he leaves a trail wherever he goes.

Anybody, please?
my rooster is my baby this is killing me.
the paleness in his face is coming and going, it's weird, earlier i noticed his face was even lighter, sickly even. I ran inside for around thirty minutes and when i came back out it was closer to his usual red, but still nowhere near his usual shade.

Hi ,

Seems like your boy having fowl pox (dry once) and respiratory infection

I would suggest u to start treating ..
With board spectrum antibiotic like baytril

And let the pox gone on it's on

Okay here are some pictures, one of the white bumps looks faded today, does this look like fowl pox? It's been just the two bumps for a week now.
I got some pictures of his face as well, while I was holding him I was watching it get paler and paler so I'm wondering if it could be caused by lack of oxygen? But the other times I've held him this hasn't happened so I don't know.
20180908_100151.jpg
20180908_100040.jpg
20180908_100137.jpg

Okay here are some pictures, one of the white bumps looks faded today, does this look like fowl pox? It's been just the two bumps for a week now.
I got some pictures of his face as well, while I was holding him I was watching it get paler and paler so I'm wondering if it could be caused by lack of oxygen? But the other times I've held him this hasn't happened so I don't know.
View attachment 1528414 View attachment 1528415 View attachment 1528416

I don't think it's pox
But clean it with warm.water ND cotton cloth maybe some fungus
No lack of oxygen cause blue comb

U should look for lice , mites or internal worms cause these all things cause pale face..

I don't see anything related to pox

Back
Top Bottom