What could this swollen face be?

phoenixlady

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2023
Suddleny my chicken has pale waddles and comb and a bump on the side of his face he is all swollen. What could this be?

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1152.png
    IMG_1152.png
    2 MB · Views: 16
Can you open his beak and look for any yellow to white material inside? Smell his breath. Could he have been stung by something? Look for a sting mark. Is his eye open or closed, and is there any drainage inside? Welcome to BYC.

Let us know in the morning if you can see anything inside her beak. It might be a tumor if it is not canker or an injury or sting. How long has she been showing any symptoms? Can you get her to eat and drink?

Let us know in the morning if you can see anything inside her beak. It might be a tumor if it is not canker or an injury or sting. How long has she been showing any symptoms? Can you get her to eat and drink?
Sorry I opened the beak seems to not have a tumour. Eating, Drinking, Dust Bathing, sun bathing, Active, thin but he is a silkie. Wattle and Comb still more pale than usual.

It seems to have gone down but his face,comb & wattles are still more pale. I am wondering if he was maybe redder in the heat?

Back
Top Bottom