Rooster Help

Interesting. Please do not take offense, and I would probably describe certain sounds the same way, so I know what you mean....

But when we really think about, what does a pteradactyl sound like? They have been extinct far too long for any of us to have ever heard them, and there were no recording devices back then, either. All we have to go on is what some movie set creators imagined up. Odd how fiction can become ingrained as assumed truth, isn't it?

Mr. Spot makes that sound. I noticed he does that when They are pecking around and he will be standing watch over them. Maybe a warning to one and all let his ladies eat in peace? And I still say that when we first got our Pointer puppy and he went after them, I heard Mr Spot growl out what sounded suspiciously like “Gdam it”. It was like “grrrawammit” only hubby does not believe me.

If your talking gg about the very loud screaming squawking sound it is usually a sign or warning,usually when they see something odd or hear something weird,all chickens do it but roosters do extremely more often and much louder then hens usually.

If he's healthy, getting around, eating and drinking just fine, don't worry about it. Since we can't see him in action, you are going to have to observe him when he makes this sound to see if something is upsetting him or if he's just being vocal. Some chickens just "talk" more than others.

Mine will call alerts to planes going over, shortly after he crows an all is clear. I would bet he see's something he does not like, and is telling his girls.

Back
Top Bottom