Rooster Hormonal Stage

He is handsome, but this does not help with your other chickens being much too young to deal with his hormonal behaviour. Pullets mature much later than cockerels and you need to keep them separate until they start to lay eggs and will be able to deal with his kind of attention towards them.
I only want to put my young cockerels with him, I am going to be keeping the pullets in with the chicks for warmth on top of the heat lamp if the heat lamp ever goes out.

I love your profile pic BTW

That's hilarious! I never knew that!

I keep tortoises and they are pretty low maintenance (and quiet unless randy). They are more like living rocks really!

How old is your python?

That's hilarious! I never knew that!

I keep tortoises and they are pretty low maintenance (and quiet unless randy). They are more like living rocks really!

How old is your python?
She is a year old.

I used to have a tortoise, but we couldn't get the right lighting at the time for him and so we had to sell him. His favorite food was squash leaves from my garden.

Well, now you know a very unnecessary fact. lol

We also have nine other snakes, not including her.

Yes, he is long gone as this picture was taken in 2010.

But here you go and have a look at another one of my breeding stock which is still alive and kicking:

IMAG0684-1.jpg

Yes, he is long gone as this picture was taken in 2010.

But here you go and have a look at another one of my breeding stock which is still alive and kicking:

View attachment 2345515
They are gorgeous! I absolutely love them. And sorry for your loss.. I love the v comb chickens, they are little devils! And I love the white on those, such stark contrast! Maybe there will be one at the hatchery.. if not, hopefully at least one with a v comb.

Your 11 ft. snake can easily eat that cockerel. But you do have a pretty one. Roosters crow that's who they are.
To bad there isn't a small helmet for roosters, like the kind they use for falconry. You can probably control when he crows.

Back
Top Bottom