Rooster in Training?

Yeah, I've moved to suburbia to be closer to grandkids. I will not be having chickens anymore. My gardening is also greatly cut back, a big lifestyle change. But it's worth it to be 10 minutes away from the grandkids.
Oh, so bittersweet!
Not room for even a small coop/run/flock?

Please do keep writing here @Ridgerunner , you're one of the very best at understanding and especially explaining all things chicken.
Maybe a blurb in your siggy, "Retired from 30 years of Chickeneering-now Birdless but still Brilliant" ...or something like that.
But I can understand that you might fade away from participation here.

Some of your stuff could/should be written up as articles.
I know you usually write for specific situations but....something to think about.

Apologies to @Enchanted1s for diverting your thread.

No problem @aart . I always appreciate the wisdom shared here. We have had these babies outside (protected) for over a month. They have had supervised, wings on, visits for the past week or two. Today - I opened the door to the run and have allowed them to be together - UNsupervised - for the first time. Almost 8 hours now and all is well :)

I think I am finally getting closer to NOT having to get up at the butt crack of dawn! I think I will try removing the divider wall in the coop tonight!! Fingers Crossed.

@Ridgerunner, I do get it!! I still post in the present tense or past tense interchangeably. My head says “No chickens anymore, Blooie” but my fingers say “So? Did you forget all you learned when they left?” :idunnoI’ll keep posting if you do!

Back
Top Bottom