Rooster Invading Another Flock

Redcatcher

Songster
9 Years
May 7, 2010
At My Desk!
While they are BOTH my flocks, I can't figure out why one rooster is going way out of his territory to hit on the other hens. I didn't even realize he was doing this until I hatched some eggs from my purebred Ameraucana flock. The chicks are stamped with his comb type and they don't have beards. There are four roosters to defend the Ameraucana flock (two of them are silkies) and I can't believe that neither one of them will drive off this invading rooster. They don't eat together or hang out together and they have their own housing. It has to be a hit and run thing because I never see him near the other flock. I guess they only way to stop this is to keep one flock penned up.

I have 2 flocks. One flock has a roo the other doesn't. I let them out at different times. The stupid rooster tore the comb "I Think "off of one of the others so I quite letting them all out at the same time.

Silkies as guard roosters REALLY !!! LOL Ok. perhaps that's why they got infiltrated by the other non silkie rooster.

Quote:
I have same between groups that roost more than 300 feet apart and whose ranges do not overlap except at watering hole.

When I have it going on, the perpetraiter gets real sneaky and slips in in other other rooster's hen, immediately after she lays an egg. He is sneaky and fast. The other method is when everybody is coming off roost, the cuckholder slips over and covers hens during the fiasco that goes on every morning for about 10 minutes.

Some fish do it too.

Quote:
I have same between groups that roost more than 300 feet apart and whose ranges do not overlap except at watering hole.

When I have it going on, the perpetraiter gets real sneaky and slips in in other other rooster's hen, immediately after she lays an egg. He is sneaky and fast. The other method is when everybody is coming off roost, the cuckholder slips over and covers hens during the fiasco that goes on every morning for about 10 minutes.

Some fish do it too.

I think what is happening is along this idea. I have two Americauna roosters that aren't small roosters and the two silkies will generally start brawling with each other, first thing. The sad part is not knowing what to do with the unwanted chicks. I should be able to advertise them as EEs though.

Back
Top Bottom