Rooster limping and legs look strange

Stephcase

In the Brooder
Aug 1, 2017
2 year old Ameracauna rooster limping. Have treated many times for bumble foot with epsom bath soak, removal of scab and stringy pus substance, stuffing hole full of neosporin ointment and Vetricyn, and wrapped/retreated with neosporin/vetricyn for at least 2 weeks afterward until all cleared up. Now it appears bumble foot is back and the scales on his lower legs and coming off/cracking amd bleeding. No other chicken even has bumble foot and we have 80 of them. Any suggestions? Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• 433462F1-10E4-4C43-841A-7DAA4CF9B6F8.jpeg
    433462F1-10E4-4C43-841A-7DAA4CF9B6F8.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 12
Welcome To BYC

More Clear photos at different angles of the feet, legs, bottom of the feet may be helpful. One of all of him while he's standing too:)

Where are you located in the world and what's your weather/temperatures been like for the last couple of months?

We live in Northwest Florida. 70’s during the day. 50’s at night. Fairly dry. Will get more pictures. He is camera shy…. Took a lot to get those but will bring reinforcements this time.

Have treated many times for bumble foot with epsom bath soak, removal of scab and stringy pus substance, stuffing hole full of neosporin ointment and Vetricyn, and wrapped/retreated with neosporin/vetricyn for at least 2 weeks afterward until all cleared up. Now it appears bumble foot is back and the scales on his lower legs and coming off/cracking amd bleeding.
I agree, he does have Bumblefoot. How long were his legs wrapped?
Has he been fence fighting?

His legs were treated and wrapped for 2-3 weeks. Used a piece of cut off pool noodle, sterile pads, and vet wrap. Soaked in Epsom salts, cleaned out, packed with neosporin ointment and vetcyrin. Put oregano amd garlic in his water. Should I give him an antibiotic shot too? If so, which ones work well for this? I have a variety available as we have other livestock as well. No vet in our area sees chickens so that is out.

Back
Top Bottom