Rooster limping

Franso2

Hatching
Jan 23, 2023
Hey there,

I have a bantam silkie that injured his leg a few days ago. At first he had a small limp but then it eventually progressed to not putting any weight on it. He just keeps it straight for the most part. At night he sleeps with the leg in front of him. I have felt around his leg and nothing seemed off. I can't really look at the leg because of all his feathers. At the moment he is confined to my bathroom with a splint but I'm not sure if that will help. He can stand and get around. Is eating and drinking. Any advice?

How old is your silkie? Was he vaccinated for Mareks disease? I’m not sure that I would leave the splint on since you don’t know if or where on the the leg is injured. Does he act as if the leg is numb or paralyzed?

I'm not sure how old he is or if he had been vaccinated. He was given to us. He is acting completely normal other than the leg. It seems to bother him when he tries to put pressure on it.
His injury developed on a day that was very windy. Some cardboard blew into the chicken yard and knocked down the netting that is over it. I'm not sure if he got tangled in the netting or the cardboard blew into him.

Back
Top Bottom