1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ROOSTER LOST FIGHT

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MAZRANA, Jan 14, 2015.

1. MAZRANA

MAZRANA New Egg

Jan 14, 2015
    Dear all my rooster lost the fight two days before as i brrought on new rooster in the coop , the new one got dominated over my existing one who is the leader of the coop. When it seemed that he was loosing fight i separted him from the new one and sold back the new one which i brought bcoz i love my rooster. now he seems to be lonely not eating although some times crowing. I am very much worried about this situation and if some thing gets worst i will feel the responsibility for this as i brought the new rooster and then letting them fight. After the fight he got wounds and there was some blood but i put some antibiotic ointments now the scratches and wounds seems good but as i said the rooster seems to be lazy not eating but some times crowing. Does any body has any idea what to do for making him again the leader of the coop. Your valuable suggestions will be highly appreciated in this regard.

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Hello and. :welcome. It's hard to know whether he has just had his pride damaged or is perhaps just suffering from his wounds. Keep an eye on him and spoil him a little with some meal worms or a tin of sardines mixed with cooked rice. If he is just sulking , he will get over it. Listen for any breathing issues and watch for infection. :)

3. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Keep only one rooster and you wont have fights. If you have a large flock, then maybe a 10 to 1 hen to rooster ratio. Roosters spell trouble. You have to keep them separate to keep from fighting. Keep birds with open wounds separated from the rest, other ones will peck at the wounds. Hope yours recover soon. Wishing you best.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by