Rooster needs a new home - SF Bay area

FractalFarmer

Songster
11 Years
Oct 31, 2008
SF Bay area CA
Our little BR cockerel Butch finally started crowing. We had high hopes (OK, fantasies) of keeping him, but I don't think it will be possible in our suburban neighborhood. One or our neighbors already complains about us (dogs barking, pool filter too loud, etc..), so I don't think a rooster crowing will go over very well.

Can anybody in the SF bay area take him? He's a nice young barred rock roo at 5 months, and has been socialized with my 2 kids, ages 11 and 9. He eats from my hand and is so far quite the gentleman to the hens. I don't want him to become dinner!
sad.png

Please PM me or reply here if you're interested. I'll post a picture of him later.

Someone on the silicon valley chickens yahoo list was looking for roos and not for dinner. Have you checked there? I have a BR who is only 2.5 months old and I was planning to give it to her if it turned out to be a roo. I could help you get in touch with her if need be.

Hi HippiAiti. No, I hadn't seen the Yahoo post; I'm not on that list (sounds like I need to be!). If you have the link or their contact info handy, I would much appreciate it. I'll see if I can find it one my own. I found one potential taker on craigslist & left her a message and am awaiting a callback.
fl.gif

Thanks for your reply.

There are usually a couple of posts on craigslist advertising people in the BA willing to take in roos. Do a quick search on sfbay.craigslist.org and I'm sure you'll find something worth looking into...

Well, Butchie has been re-homed to live on a horse ranch nearby with a bantam hen and her 6 chickies! We also gave up one of our point-of-lay hens to the very nice lady who took him, as she is building her flock through adoption. We miss little Butch; he had such a great personality!
hit.gif

He is a really cute little guy. Glad you found him a good home. He should be someone's pet.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom