Rooster not crowing ?

Annie2007

Chirping
Jun 2, 2020
Lincoln NE
I have a cockerel, he is a Rhode Island Red. We got him about 6 months ago when he was still a chick. I have read online that cockerels starts crowing at some time about 6 to 8 weeks. He hasn't crow yet, hasn't even started making weird noises yet. Because where I live, the city doesn't allow us to keep roosters, so I am not disappointed that he hasn't crow yet or anything. But I was wondering if I should be concerned, maybe even get him checked out, or is this normal? the first rooster that I accidentally got was last year and he started crowing at about (I want to say) 10 weeks. He is the only rooster in the flock consisting of 4 hens, 2 of which we got at the same time as him. Please help, I need answers!

Thank you :)
Annie

( I have been very inactive on here, the reason why is that I am very busy with school.)

Oh and I forgot to mention that he isn't showing any aggressiveness towards anyone in my family yet. The last roo that I had kept attacking everyone : /

Pictures help. If it really is a roo he will crow when ready. Although you might have read he should be crowing, I bet he didn't read it or get the memo. ;)

Back
Top Bottom