rooster not crowing

duke692008

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 9, 2012
frankfort,Indiana
i'm a relatively new chicken owner i have 18 hens and one rooster.first off he's a welsummer and 5 1/2 months old give or take a week he's skiddish and doesn't like to be handled like the hens i have but i have yet to hear him crow and was wondering if any of you have any opinions on this matter.i have a few ideas why one being he's the lone rooster in the coop and doesn't need to show his dominance and the other is because the hens rule him lol. hes very beautiful looking and i'm really wanting to hear him crow if he sounds half as good as he looks it'll be awesome!

He should crow any day now. I could not wait for my roo to start crowing now I wish he would shut up!!!! I took vids and called the family and friends he is crowing he is crowing now its shut up shut up shut up pleaseeee stop crowing. Lol

lol yea i hear ya its kinda the reason i only got one. at one time i had many roosters but i moved away and got rid of them all.now since i live out in the country again i really missed home and started yet again but this time instead of getting them full grown i decided to raise them up from chicks and he was one i had always wanted.so i got one.i never minded them crowing.except you know...when it was in my window seal.lol. he is however starting to "mount" the other hens.not sure if he's actually fertilizing the eggs yet but he is trying.i gotta say he is an impressive cock with some very beautiful colors! he is awesome and i'm very glad i got him

Back
Top Bottom