Rooster of the week!

Pics
Hi all! Hope I can show off my cockerel. He’s maybe 20 weeks old and is a mutt. My mother-in-law hatched him (6/9 were boys) so we took him to live with our 15 pullets.

He’s still learning how to be a flock leader but he is very docile, especially around my two little kiddos. He shines the most gorgeous purple/blue/green in the sun! My color changing bird! My daughter calls him Roosterous! I wanted to name him Twitch but I think Roosterous will stick.

D2D4EAC8-A6C9-47BE-BD04-976C2415C15F.jpeg
2E3B570A-6AB0-45C2-99FD-C6CDC59A7E04.jpeg
FD73E9E8-165B-4576-A21A-E3F54387B8C5.jpeg
F840385B-A338-461B-A09E-CC341DE38A40.jpeg
DC870528-2C0A-46C4-A397-39ECCE8725FC.jpeg

If I self brood any more Chicks, I want to have a human height brooder, like yours. It will I hope be less scarey to the chicks, for me to reach from the side and not downward.
The first chickens I raised were in our bath tub of our hall bathroom and I hated it because I could not look right in an see them and they had to look up to see me. The chickens I raised in the bath tub are very sweet, happy and lovable but I still did not like it because I wanted to look at them as they grew and so if there was a problem like pasty vent I could spot it a lot faster. The baby bed we had was given to us by my wife's parents after they had raised there 7 children and not consider safe today so I decided to make it a brooder and I am very happy I did because I like I got to look in an see my future roosters growing up and they got to see me. When I hatched their eggs I was the first living thing they got to see so the Baby bed brooder helped make an even better bound. I love my flock of chickens and if my one and only Bielefelder (she seams to hate the roosters and will not let them get close to her) hen does not lay fertilized eggs and care for them I will buy more eggs on eBay next spring to increase the size of my flock and hatch them in my office again and I think this time I will have more eggs hatch because of my experience.

Does the littel Serama have any hens to keep him companie?
Oh yes. Only about 100. 😊. Not to himself. He has one special lady. They make very pretty babies that seem to win shows.His chicken wife won best in show with a number of other first place, BV, BB and more last year. Here they are together
BC3ED0CF-75A9-4EFC-9BB2-8F614964A434.jpeg

Last edited:
[...] if my one and only Bielefelder (she seams to hate the roosters and will not let them get close to her) hen does not lay fertilized eggs and care for them I will buy more eggs[.]

If McMurray is to be believed, they are only "somewhat likely" to set: https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/bielefelder.html I would get a CoChin and make sure she will brood and let her do it. Or, have an office brooder, which is almost unbearably cool.

well finally got some de ent pics of my Eggsy whom fooled me for a long time into thinking he was a she. But her is gorgeous and a mix of a mix first was silkie duccle and I think his dad is a silkie roo and one of the girls from that first mix.
20200926_180112.jpg
20200926_180114.jpg

And not to be overlooked is my Mille fluer D'uccle roo Millificent.
20200926_175835.jpg

I need to get another picture of him that better shows his glorious Booties. He is remarkable for a free range flock D'ucclefor having preserved his foot feathers so well.

well finally got some de ent pics of my Eggsy whom fooled me for a long time into thinking he was a she. But her is gorgeous and a mix of a mix first was silkie duccle and I think his dad is a silkie roo and one of the girls from that first mix. View attachment 2350730View attachment 2350732

And not to be overlooked is my Mille fluer D'uccle roo Millificent. View attachment 2350733

I need to get another picture of him that better shows his glorious Booties. He is remarkable for a free range flock D'ucclefor having preserved his foot feathers so well.
You really have nice looking birds, so colorful with define patterns.

Back
Top Bottom