Rooster or Hen

rachmaninoff

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2016
Hey,
We recently got three chickens from a local organization at about 8 weeks old. They were supposed to be three Buff Orpington hens. One of them has been growing faster than the other two, and has a more prominent and red comb and wattle. We are thinking that it might be a rooster, but aren't certain...I'm not sure how to go about telling one way or another. We aren't allowed to have roosters in the city so we will likely have to give it away if it is. Can someone identify by the pictures below?
20170521_174535.jpg

20170521_174534.jpg

The one in question is in the front left, other two have same birthday:
20170521_174520.jpg

Thanks!

If it is under 4-5 months you have one cockerel. Also they are not Red sex-links, red sex-links are red and white yours looks more Buff colored. Could you get some more pictures?

If it is under 4-5 months you have one cockerel. Also they are not Red sex-links, red sex-links are red and white yours looks more Buff colored. Could you get some more pictures?

Yes I believe they are under 5 months old. I'll post some more pictures tonight. I suppose the best way to know is if it starts crowing and doesn't start laying in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom