Rooster or hen?

Jambruins

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
I bought four chickens a couple months ago and two were only 2-3 months old. She thought they were all hens but we think we have heard one of them crowing and yesterday I saw black and white one jump on top of the white one like I have seen roosters do before. Are either of these two chickens a rooster? Thanks.

my projection is a white leghorn roo and a silver spangled hamburg roo. the hamburg will be beautiful in a few months once he matures.

I forgot to mention that one of them is laying eggs. I have seen both of them come out of the nesting box but I think I scared them out when I entered the coop because there was no egg in the box. However, the other chickens lay brown eggs and now I am getting some white eggs so I am sure on of the two is laying the white eggs.

Your white bird looks like a White Leghorn or White Leghorn mix (I see some black feathers on her). The Silver Spangled Hamburg is definitely a rooster. He's a pretty boy!

Your roo will be stunning - I also have a baby Hamburg roo at least I think he's a he as mine are only 8 weeks at the moment.
The Leghorn will probably be a great little layer of white eggs. I have a leghorn named Lilly, she is really loving super clever and I'm sure she understands every word I say to her !!

Great photos, good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom