Rooster Or Not?

chickenlittle77

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 3, 2009
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS FELLA HERE IS A ROO OR NOT? THEY R 2 MONTH OLD EXACTLY.
30163_chickencoop_021.jpg

GUY IN THE MIDDLE
30163_chickencoop_028.jpg

Looks like my SLW boy Dexter at that age... I tried to deny it.... I must tell you that (though I never planned to have a roo and won't put up with a mean one) he's 1 1/2 now and the nicest, best to his girls, non-aggressive to people roo I could hope for. Maybe it's just him but if you can have a roo I would give him a try.

hide.gif

uh ho! my neighbors already asked me if i was getting a rooster and i said oh nope, no way!!!
i'd be happy to put him up for adoption to anyone interested, i CANNOT have a roo waking ppl up at 4am.
hit.gif
shame he is so beautiful, and honestly i dont wanna cook him.
thankx guy for sexing my chick, lol

yes Enola, they are SLW i got them june 1/2009 day old.
here some more pics, i bought 15 of them, 2 parished and i ended up with 14 lol, dont ask me that, but i assume that they sent me an extra one and i didnt count it right, i hope one didnt come back from the dead.
lau.gif

30163_chickencoop_024.jpg

30163_chickencoop_029.jpg

You might be surprised. We told our neighbors we weren't getting any roos either, and ended up with 4 of them. But my neighbors ended up with 2 as well. So, we don't mind and actually rarely hear each others roos crowing. Being as we are in an area that allows livestock we are allowed to keep roosters. So far things have been great and no one crows TOO early. So, maybe your situation will be similar.?.

Looks like a roo, especially next to the others; I purchased 11 pullets and ended up with 1 roo out of the bunch. You can always rehome him on craigslist if he becomes a problem. I live out of town and like having the roo to watch out for the ladies.

Nope Sequin, i'm not allowed to have a rooster, up to twelve chickens, well to be honest not sure about the rooster rule, but my coop is like literally 4 feet away from the neighbor's fence who happens to have a huge inground pool 5 extra feet away and always having summer parties, so i dont think its going to be a good idea. maybe ill place a photo of him on craigs list personals, my find him some chick with a nice home for him lol

Back
Top Bottom