Rooster? Please help... :)

Yes, you should start treating for Coccidiosis! The symptoms you are describing could certainly be Coccidiosis, which is a common, fatal-if-untreated disease of young birds. I'd purchase some Corid from a farm/livestock supply store. Corid comes in two forms: powder and liquid. I know that the liquid dosage is 1/2 teaspoon per quart of water, but am not sure of the powder dosage. Searching around on BYC should find you an answer to that, though.

I would treat for coccidiosis - with the standing with eyes closed I'd say that could be a factor. Do a search on here for Corrid dosage - you'll need to get some at your local livestock supply store. It can quickly be fatal, so it is worth treating if it is suspected at all.
I agree, I would start them on something. Do they have bloody stool?? I would also keep them away from your other birds for a minimum of 30 days, but that's just my opinion. Hope they feel better soon!!
hugs.gif

No I haven't seen bloody stool, looked at some this morning it seemed fine
Just the standing with eyes closed and the barely eating, they did munch on some sunflower seeds though earlier
If they should be separated for a minimum of 30 days then I need to modify their yard this weekend for sure
Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom