Rooster Psychologist Needed!!

What do you mean less then desirable traits? It's good to have a rooster that protects your flock, but it's not good to have a rooster that wants to attack you every time you enter the coop.

My birds think of me as Alpha, so I refer to it as human master.
Everyone’s setup is different. You saying your roosters attack you when you enter the coop tells me or anyone else nothing. There could be a thousand different reasons why but I can guarantee you if it’s a constant problem it’s you and not the roosters.
Take some time and think just why exactly a 5-7lb rooster would attack a 100-200lb human? Then tell me they understand anything about “Alpha”

The only reason I know any of it is because I’ve ruined some roosters myself doing the same things. It’s truly best to ignore them and let them think they are running the show. Pretending they aren’t even there just keeps everything running smoothly but it’s best to do it the entire time from chick to mature rooster. Far less problems.
Most people want credit and acceptance from the rooster for all they do but that won’t happen. Lol
lol is right! So interesting, and I have a whole new perspective on roosters. I love how they call the hens over when they find food and even drop food in front of them too.

Everyone’s setup is different. You saying your roosters attack you when you enter the coop tells me or anyone else nothing. There could be a thousand different reasons why but I can guarantee you if it’s a constant problem it’s you and not the roosters.
Take some time and think just why exactly would a 5-7lb rooster would attack a 100-200lb human? Then tell me they understand anything about “Alpha”
I don't have anymore aggressive roos. And it's not me, I know this for a fact.

We just got rid of a New Hampshire cockerel who just turned on us, & started attacking us. He'd do it even when we'd mind our own business, & ignore him. It was just not gonna work for him.

My training method revolves around the color red. I use red as a recognition method, starting as chicks. I handle them, from chickhood to adulthood.

Yes, they understand Alpha since their flock runs with One Alpha, a Beta, & several Omegas. My mother's EE was recently kicked out of Alpha position by my game cross. The EE refuses to come out of the coop now.

I've been studying my birds behaviors over the years now, & from what I learned from them is every bird is an individual, & have their own level of respect towards one another. That also includes them towards me.

We had a silkie one year who attacked everyone. Me, my sister, my mom, dad, & the other birds. He was no small silkie either. He even tried attacking us through the fence.
There was no fixing this behavior, so we butchered him.

Umm.. There’s pages of overall irrelevant info. But I agree with roosterhavoc on this one. Treat the rooster like he isn’t even there. If you have young kids please keep them away from the rooster (or get rid of the rooster).

Happy Thanksgiving all 🍁

Umm.. There’s pages of overall irrelevant info. But I agree with roosterhavoc on this one. Treat the rooster like he isn’t even there. If you have young kids please keep them away from the rooster (or get rid of the rooster).

Happy Thanksgiving all 🍁
A little side conversation shouldn't be considered hijacking. Quite a few people do the samething.
I've seen many threads like that.

Back
Top Bottom