Rooster showed up and we’re clueless!!!

OH,
Maybe that's why they sold him to me? He would be useless to them, but my farm has hens as pets, and eggs. I'm glad I have him.
No you’re doubling down on the fact that they were doing something illegal. They sold you a Cochin and I’m saying if they were I highly doubt they would be wasting their time raising Cochins or any layer breed for that matter. Sounds more like a peddler that will just raise whatever to make $$$. It costs the same amount to feed roosters regardless of breed. Gamefowl are worth a lot more than a Cochin and not for fighting just in general.

I have a yard full of small pens housing roosters. I don’t do anything illegal but I do like roosters. My point is just because everyone thinks they know more than they do doesn’t make them right. The roosters must be kept separate and individual housing or on cords is the safest way to accomplish this.
It would be nice if people wouldn’t jump to conclusions when they drive by a place with pens, barrels etc in their yard.

No you’re doubling down on the fact that they were doing something illegal. They sold you a Cochin and I’m saying if they were I highly doubt they would be wasting their time raising Cochins or any layer breed for that matter. Sounds more like a peddler that will just raise whatever to make $$$. It costs the same amount to feed roosters regardless of breed. Gamefowl are worth a lot more than a Cochin and not for fighting just in general.
Maybe he was a family pet, they didn't want anymore. I surely wanted him though.
That farm has many other roosters (For fighting) but they didn't let me back to see what breeds they had..

So you bought a Cochin off Craigslist, showed up at their house and they just tossed out the fact oh yeah those birds in the back 40 are for gambling. Lol ok.
Either way merely owning them isn’t illegal and birds kept on cords with a barrel or A frame end up with more sq ft of space per bird than probably 99% of people on here where the chickens are kept in a tiny run/coop set up.

Maybe he was a family pet, they didn't want anymore. I surely wanted him though.
That farm has many other roosters (For fighting) but they didn't let me back to see what breeds they had..
Then you surely did report this farm to the authorities right?
I find it pretty unbelievable that someone would raise birds for fighting and then invite a stranger from CL out to their farm and inform them about their illegal activities.

So you bought a Cochin off Craigslist, showed up at their house and they just tossed out the fact oh yeah those birds in the back 40 are for gambling. Lol ok.
Either way merely owning them isn’t illegal and birds kept on cords with a barrel or A frame end up with more sq ft of space per bird than probably 99% of people on here where the chickens are kept in a tiny run/coop set up.
Lol that would be like buying a couch off CL and while picking it up they brag about having a grow room in the back bedroom.
I'm laughing with you on this one.

Back
Top Bottom