Rooster sick?

Jaimes09

Songster
Sep 6, 2021
Got a rooster thats over a year old and tends to be the loudest when crowing. He’s always crowing after another younger roo i have in the yard. Yesterday morning i didn’t hear him and i went out to check it out and it sounds as if he were a newbie just starting to learn about crowing. Im guessing he’s sick but anything y’all know i can give him?

Got a rooster thats over a year old and tends to be the loudest when crowing. He’s always crowing after another younger roo i have in the yard. Yesterday morning i didn’t hear him and i went out to check it out and it sounds as if he were a newbie just starting to learn about crowing. Im guessing he’s sick but anything y’all know i can give him?
One of my phoenix roosters stopped crowing and looked ill. He has ben in the house for a week and my wife has been administering three drops of Vet Rx each day down his throat. He started crowing weakly three days ago and this morning his crowing is obnoxious. A couple more days and he goes back outside; if I can stand it that long!

Look him over for any drainage from nostrils, eye bubbles or foam, swollen eyelid, sneeze or congestion. He may have been challenged by the younger rooster for the leading spot, and may be submitting. I would just watch, and check him over. Let us know if you see any of the symptoms above. Make sure that he is able to get water and food, since they can be territorial. Put out at least 2 food and water stations.

Look him over for any drainage from nostrils, eye bubbles or foam, swollen eyelid, sneeze or congestion. He may have been challenged by the younger rooster for the leading spot, and may be submitting. I would just watch, and check him over. Let us know if you see any of the symptoms above. Make sure that he is able to get water and food, since they can be territorial. Put out at least 2 food and water stations.
Well they are in 2 different pins. The old one has his hen but the youngin is alone as a dog attacked and took his hen mate.

Back
Top Bottom